Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Napping House





Tanner likes this book called the Napping house, which now that are schedules are skewed slightly because of a new baby, I feel like we have become the napping house. The only one not sleeping is momma! What is that about? Tanner's sleeping habits are pretty funny. He will do whatever is possible to NOT fall asleep when he has to. He will fall asleep after sheer exhaustion of trying to stay awake for 3 hours or more. When he does fall asleep, it is in strange positions that seem very uncomfortable to me. Sometimes to get him to fall asleep I lay with him in the very small car bed. I end up falling asleep and Tanner is playing. I wake up eventually because one side of my body is asleep or an arm is purple from lack of circulation. How can a kid who runs and runs and runs all day not EVER be tired? Why does he like the book called the Napping House if napping is not one of his favorite activities? These are some of life's great mysteries for sure.

4 comments:

Sage Hanks said...

Yeah!!! A new post! I am so glad we've been able to get together lately. Now it's my turn to have a baby. Between you and Brandy holding your babies and me chasing the other kids...... can't wait. Thanks for comin over the other night for the birthday shindig. It was fun. We need to do it more often.... maybe when it's a little warmer outside.... :) hehehe and we can bring stacy along again so that she can entertain while we visit! Anyway.... love ya lots and thanks for letting us snuggle your baby!

The Cook Clan said...

Very cute pictures! Silly little boy!

Unknown said...

I love sleep! I also love Tanner's bed. I always wanted a fun bed like that when I was a kid. And I love the baby's outfit! How cute!

Katie said...

Hey! I know I'm totally late I’m commenting but Congratulations on your baby girl! She is just adorable. I can’t wait to see more pictures and here more about her!